Pro Tools: Love it or hate it? You be the judge after reading about these Pro Tools 8 bugs begging for a fix in the pending 8.0.3 update. Leave a comment with your own experiences.
- Performing any of the following tasks WILL ERASE YOUR UNDO HISTORY.
- Duplicating a track
- Removing a send
- Using either select unused regions command
- Splitting a stereo track to mono
- Deleting a track (even an empty track)
- After using “Expand Alternates to New Playlists” or when using Playlist Lanes, there are soloing problems.Â Â The main playlist solo conflicts with the alternate playlist solos: soloing the Comp Lane overrides the main playlist solo, even when the track view is switched back to waveform.
- If using a C24 controller, the Sends buttons will not switch the sends view in Pro Tools necessitating a trip back to the mouse. This has been an issue with Pro Tools since the C24 was released in 2008 and especially disappointing since this feature worked on the Control 24 , the surface that the C24 replaced.
UPDATE: I had a message on my phone this morning from Avid Audio/Digidesign Technical Support about this post. The C24 issue I was having has been logged as a bug for a fix in the next update (most likely 8.0.4 since 8.0.3 is closed). The “remove a send, lose your Undo”Â has been logged and will be fixed as will the other four which they actually said were designed to work that way. However, they did add them to the bug list as a “feature request” and are looking into getting them fixed. We are playing phone tag on the “Expand Alternates to New Playlist vs. Solo operation” bug which I clarified further in a phone message when I returned the call. This is awesome customer service by the way and I hope that they will follow through and be able to make Pro Tools work as it should based on customer input. We’ll keep you posted.
Related Topics: TechTicker